The History and Founding of Warrior Tech
Warrior Tech was created by Lieutenant Tim Greenwood, with the goal of using his real-world experience to design and produce safety equipment for law enforcement officers that could benefit them in the field — and bring more of them home each night.
Tim served in the U.S.M.C. and U.S.M.C.R. from 1992 until 1998. His service included primary marksmanship instructor, recruiter aide, ECW Survival and supply. He was honorably discharged as a Sergeant. He joined the Hays, Kansas, Police Department in 1998 and has since served his community as a patrol lieutenant, firearms instructor, tactical team commander, Active Shooter Response instructor and reality-based training instructor. His project designs are the direct result of needs he recognized as an end user.
Tim and his wife Teresa founded Warrior Tech in February 2011. In August 2011, Tim filed for his first patent on the RPS, which would later become the Slingstock™. Since that time, he has partnered with companies such as RP Machining and WMD Guns to prototype and produce his designs to get them where they are needed most. He currently holds three utility patents on pieces of LEO safety and tactical gear, all in an effort to provide equipment for those who risk their lives for ours.
Warrior Tech is his dream. Without a partner like Teresa, a professional like Randy at RP Machining and the support of friends and family, this dream would never have been realized.
“Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there.
Eighty are nothing but targets.
Nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have
them; they make the battle!
AH but ONE. One of them is a Warrior…
He will bring the others back.”
- attributed to Heraclitus, 500 B.C.
Product Development Timeline
- October 23, 2018: Warrior Tech is proud to announce a full utility patent was awarded for the Pic² ™.
- January 23, 2018: Tim licensed the patent rights of the Sling Recoiling Gun Stock to WMD Guns.
- October 14, 2017: The patent pending Pic² was introduced to the world.
- November 8, 2016: Most will recall the date that Donald Trump was voted into the White House. Here at Warrior Tech LLC, we are proud to identify the date with our second patent as well: Sling Recoiling Gun Stock US Patent #9488433
- November 2, 2015: The RPS Delta™ debuts.
- Warrior Tech is excited to announce that on Dec. 2, 2014, Tim Greenwood was awarded a US Patent for the QDC and QDS! Thank you all who supported us along the way. US Pat No 8,898,949.
- August 4, 2011: Tim applies for his first patent.
- February 3, 2011: Tim and Teresa form Warrior Tech LLC.
- January 2011: With encouragement from Teresa and approval from his agency, Tim begins contacting engineers and manufacturers to make prototypes of the RPS and other concepts.